As a participant in the CFA University Recognition Program, the School of Accounting and Finance will be recommending 5 students forCFA Awareness scholarships for the December 2013 and June 2014 CFA Level I exam. These scholarships are awarded by the CFA Institute and are primarily available to undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Accounting and Finance.
On behalf of the School’s CFA Scholarship Committee, I am pleased to announce the process by which we will be recommending the students to receive the CFA Institute Awareness Scholarships for the December 2013 and June 2014 Level 1 exam sitting. The committee is comprised of Professors Andrew Ecclestone (CFA), Craig Geoffrey (CFA), and Ranjini Jha (CFA).
For the current exam offering, the CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) is waived. Scholarship applicants pay a discounted registration fee that includes the e-book curriculum. Scholarships cannot be deferred to another exam offering. For further information, please refer to the website:
To be considered for these scholarships, you must be:
1) A registered undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Waterloo in the School of Accounting and Finance.
2) In your final year of undergraduate studies or in full-time graduate studies. This is defined as being within 12 months of completion of your degree requirements.
3) Registered to write or will be registering for the December 2013 or June 2014 CFA Level 1 Exam
4) A first time CFA Level 1 exam writer
PROCESS: Please submit the following documents electronically to Professors Andrew Ecclestone (email@example.com), Craig Geoffrey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ranjini Jha (email@example.com) by Monday, August 26th, 2013, at 10:00 pm.
1) A current unofficial grades transcript
2) A current resume and
3) The one-page application (accessible from
Students who are sponsored by the committee for the CFA Scholarships will be notified by Wednesday, August 28, 2013.