AFSA 2019 By-Elections
The AFSA by-election process has now begun!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS I CAN RUN FOR?
There are 3 seats remaining on the AFSA Board of Directors . For a complete description of roles and responsibilities, refer to http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod.
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
Sat June 15th – Deadline to submit applications @11:59pm
Sun June 16th – Candidates vetted and announced
Mon June 17th – Campaigning begins
Sun June 23rd – Campaigning ends @11:59pm
Mon June 24th – Voting begins at 8:00 am and ends at 11:59 midnight*
Tues June 25th – Results announced
*Please note that the voting period for these by-elections will be held on one day only.
WHAT IS THE BY-ELECTIONS PROCESS?
1. Anyone enrolled in the School of Accounting and Finance (AFM, Math-CPA, Bio-CPA, and CFM) for September 2019 in 2A and up are eligible to run! The only exception is for the position of President, where the student must also expect to be on campus for his/her study term for at least 8 months that year. Candidates who applied in the general election are welcome to apply again in the by-election.
2. The elections process formally starts with the submission of an application for the position you wish to run for (one position per person), the links for which can be found below.
3. Once applications are approved by the elections committee (you will receive an email along with further rules and regulations), the campaign period begins. During the campaign period, candidates can promote their platform (online only) and SAF students can participate through the elections forum (http://safstudentvote.freeforums.net/).
4. Once the campaign period ends, voting will begin. During this period, all SAF students (including MAcc) can vote (or abstain from voting, i.e. not vote for any candidate) for all positions as well as any referendums. The vote will be anonymous and held online through Feds (the link will be provided at a later date through uwafsa.ca and AFSA’s Facebook page).
5. Subsequently, the votes will be tallied and the successful candidates will be contacted through email while the final results will be announced on www.uwafsa.ca.
6. If there are still positions open after the by-elections, the remaining executives will be appointed by the current Board of Directors.
Direct Link to the AFSA BOD By-Election Application Form:
AFSA BOD application: https://forms.gle/XAoid7rgaavS432BA
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Elections Committee at email@example.com