Missed out on the AFSA 2016-2017 election? Don't worry, there are still positions open on the AFSA BOD and AFEF BOD in the by-election! WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS I CAN RUN FOR?
There are 3 elected positions on the Board of Directors, and 3 elected positions on the AFEF Board. For a complete description of roles and responsibilities, refer to http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod and https://uwaterloo.ca/school-of-accounting-and-finance/current-undergraduates/accounting-and-finance-endowment-fund-afef
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
Mon May 30th – Deadline to submit applications @midnight Tues May 31st – Candidates vetted and announced Wed June 1st – Campaigning begins Tues June 7th – Campaigning ends @midnight Wed June 8th – Voting begins Fri June 10th – Voting Ends @midnight Sat June 11th – Results announced
WHAT IS THE ELECTIONS PROCESS?
- Anyone enrolled in the School of Accounting and Finance (AFM, Math-CPA, Bio-CPA, and CFM) for September 2016 in 2A and up are eligible to run! (Exception of alumni allowed for one AFSA Board seat).
- The elections process formally starts with the submission an application for the position you wish to run for (one position per person), the links for which can be found below.
- Once applications are approved by the elections committee (you will receive an email along with further rules and regulations), the campaign period begins. During the campaign period, candidates can promote their platform (online only) and SAF students can participate through the elections forum (http://safstudentvote.freeforums.net/).
- Once the campaign period ends, voting will begin. During this period, all SAF students (including MAcc) can vote (or abstain from voting, i.e. not vote for any candidate) for all positions as well as any referendums. The vote will be anonymous and held online (the link will be provided at a later date through uwafsa.ca and AFSA’s Facebook page).
- Subsequently, the votes will be tallied and the successful candidates will be contacted through email while the final results will be announced on www.uwafsa.ca.
Direct Link to the Executive Application Form:
AFSA BOD application: https://goo.gl/0AEBVp
AFEF BOD application: https://goo.gl/TVtDAr
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org