The annual AFSA Elections applications are now open! This general election is the perfect opportunity for students wishing to assume an Executive, Board of Director, or AFEF role for the 2016 – 2017 year. This year’s elections are starting next week (first week of May), so seize the opportunity while you can! WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS I CAN RUN FOR?
There are 10 elected positions for Executives, 6 elected positions on the Board of Directors, and 4 elected positions on the AFEF Board. For a complete description of roles and responsibilities, refer to http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod and https://uwaterloo.ca/school-of-accounting-and-finance/current-undergraduates/accounting-and-finance-endowment-fund-afef
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
Tues May 3rd - AFSA elections info session @4pm, room TBD Sun May 8th - Deadline to submit applications @midnight Mon May 9th - Candidates vetted and announced Tues May 10th – Campaigning begins Mon May 16th - Campaigning ends @midnight Tues May 17th – Voting begins Thurs May 19th – Voting Ends @midnight Fri May 20th - Results announced
WHAT IS THE ELECTIONS PROCESS?
- Anyone enrolled in the School of Accounting and Finance (AFM, Math-CPA, Bio-CPA, and CFM) for September 2016 in 2A and up are eligible to run! (Exception of alumni allowed for one AFSA Board seat). If you are interested, come out to our info session Monday, May 2 at 6pm (room TBD). This year's executives will be there and can answer your questions. If you cannot make it, you can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any of the executives personally http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod/ .
- The elections process formally starts with the submission an application for the position you wish to run for (one position per person), the links for which can be found below.
- Once applications are approved by the elections committee (you will receive an email along with further rules and regulations), the campaign period begins. During the campaign period, candidates can promote their platform (online only) and SAF students can participate through the elections forum (http://safstudentvote.freeforums.net/).
- Once the campaign period ends, voting will begin. During this period, all SAF students (including MAcc) can vote (or abstain from voting, i.e. not vote for any candidate) for all positions as well as any referendums. The vote will be anonymous and held online (the link will be provided at a later date through uwafsa.ca and AFSA's Facebook page).
- Subsequently, the votes will be tallied and the successful candidates will be contacted through email while the final results will be announced on www.uwafsa.ca.
Direct Link to the Executive Application Form:
Direct Link to the Board of Directors Application Form:
Direct Link to the AFEF Application Form:
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Elections Committee at email@example.com