AFSA 2018 By-Elections
The AFSA election process has now begun!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS I CAN RUN FOR?
There are 2 seats remaining on the AFSA Board of Directors . For a complete description of roles and responsibilities, refer to http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod.
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
Sat June 16th – Deadline to submit applications @11:59pm
Sun June 17th – Candidates vetted and announced
Mon June 18th – Campaigning begins
Sun June 24th – Campaigning ends @11:59pm
Mon June 25th – Voting begins at 8:00 am and ends at 11:59 midnight*
Tues June 26th – Results announced
Please note that the voting period for these by-elections will be held on one day only.
WHAT IS THE BY-ELECTIONS PROCESS?
1. Anyone enrolled in the School of Accounting and Finance (AFM, Math-CPA, Bio-CPA, and CFM) for September 2018 in 2A and up are eligible to run! The only exception is for the position of President, where the student must also expect to be on campus for his/her study term for at least 8 months that year. Candidates who applied in the general election are welcome to apply again in the by-election.
2. The elections process formally starts with the submission an application for the position you wish to run for (one position per person), the links for which can be found below.
3. Once applications are approved by the elections committee (you will receive an email along with further rules and regulations), the campaign period begins. During the campaign period, candidates can promote their platform (online only) and SAF students can participate through the elections forum (http://safstudentvote.freeforums.net/).
4. Once the campaign period ends, voting will begin. During this period, all SAF students (including MAcc) can vote (or abstain from voting, i.e. not vote for any candidate) for all positions as well as any referendums. The vote will be anonymous and held online (the link will be provided at a later date through uwafsa.ca and AFSA’s Facebook page).
5. Subsequently, the votes will be tallied and the successful candidates will be contacted through email while the final results will be announced on www.uwafsa.ca.
6. If there are still positions open after the by-elections, the remaining executives will be appointed by the current Board of Directors.
Direct Link to the AFSA BOD Application Form:
AFSA BOD application: https://goo.gl/forms/K3guQ1BXNtGWV7nz1
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org