Missed out on the AFSA 2017-2018 election? Don’t worry, there are still positions open on the AFSA BOD in the by-election!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS I CAN RUN FOR?
There are 2 elected positions on the Board of Directors. For a complete description of roles and responsibilities, refer to http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod.
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
Sun May 28th – Deadline to submit applications @midnight
Mon May 29th – Candidates vetted and announced
Tues May 30th – Campaigning begins
Mon June 5th – Campaigning ends @midnight
Tues June 6th – Voting begins
Thurs June 8th – Voting Ends @midnight
Fri June 9th – Results announced
WHAT IS THE ELECTIONS PROCESS?
- Anyone enrolled in the School of Accounting and Finance (AFM, Math-CPA, Bio-CPA, and CFM) for September 2016 in 2A and up are eligible to run! (Exception of alumni allowed for one AFSA Board seat).
- The elections process formally starts with the submission an application for the position you wish to run for (one position per person), the links for which can be found below.
- Once applications are approved by the elections committee (you will receive an email along with further rules and regulations), the campaign period begins. During the campaign period, candidates can promote their platform (online only) and SAF students can participate through the elections forum (http://safstudentvote.freeforums.net/).
- Once the campaign period ends, voting will begin. During this period, all SAF students (including MAcc) can vote (or abstain from voting, i.e. not vote for any candidate) for all positions as well as any referendums. The vote will be anonymous and held online (the link will be provided at a later date through uwafsa.ca and AFSA’s Facebook page).
- Subsequently, the votes will be tallied and the successful candidates will be contacted through email while the final results will be announced on www.uwafsa.ca.
- If there are still positions open after the by-elections, the remaining executives will be appointed by the current Board of Directors.
Direct Link to the AFSA BOD Application Form:
AFSA BOD application: https://goo.gl/forms/a1CtENl3CzJbbRqi1
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org