The AFSA election process has now begun!
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT POSITIONS I CAN RUN FOR?
There are various elected positions on the AFSA executive team, AFSA Board of Directors and AFEF Board of Directors. For a complete description of roles and responsibilities, refer to http://www.uwafsa.ca/executive-and-bod.
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
Sat, May 18th – Deadline to submit applications @11:59pm
Sun, May 19th – Candidates vetted and announced
Mon, May 20th – Campaigning begins
Sun, May 26th – Campaigning ends @11:59pm
Mon, May 27th – Voting begins
Tues, May 28th – Voting ends @11:59pm
Wed, May 29th – Results announced
WHAT IS THE ELECTIONS PROCESS?
1. Anyone enrolled in the School of Accounting and Finance (AFM, Math/CPA, Bio-tech/CPA, and CFM) for September 2019 in 2A and up are eligible to run! The only exception is for the position of President, where the student must also expect to be on campus for his/her study term for at least 8 months that year.
2. The elections process formally starts with the submission of an application for the position you wish to run for (one position per person), the links for which can be found below.
3. Once applications are approved by the elections committee (you will receive an email along with further rules and regulations), the campaign period begins. During the campaign period, candidates can promote their platform (online only) and SAF students can participate through the elections forum (http://safstudentvote.freeforums.net/).
4. Once the campaign period ends, voting will begin. During this period, all SAF students (including MAcc) can vote or abstain from voting (i.e. not vote for any candidate) for all positions as well as any referendums. The vote will be anonymous and held through the Feds Online Elections system (link will be provided at a later date through uwafsa.ca and AFSA’s Facebook page).
5. Subsequently, the votes will be tallied after the voting period and communicated to the elections team. The successful candidates will be contacted through email, while the final results will be announced on www.uwafsa.ca.
6. If there are still positions open after the by-elections, the remaining executives will be appointed by the current Board of Directors.
Direct Link to the AFSA Application Forms:
AFSA Executive application: https://forms.gle/kLwoqqiCmoSCvNNF7
AFSA BoD application: https://forms.gle/WkMQ2sg1bkwwdpBq6
AFEF BoD application: https://forms.gle/a7PrW9MvzgGmxjmV9
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org